Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A New Classroom

Mikey's transition began today - from his 18 to 24 month class to the 2 year old class. According to the teachers he did great -- he seemed to like the new class when I picked him up from school -- still a part of me was sad. Sad that I didn't know ahead of time that my little guy was taking such a big step today, sad that I didn't get to talk to him about it ahead of time and sad that my little man is growing up. He's not totally in that class yet - he still has his cubby in Ms. Chris' class - but he spent most of the day with Ms. Melanie.

I just hope and pray that this is the right move for him. I've been tossing & turning about it. I hope that the transition is taking place far enough ahead of the new baby coming that he won't feel like his whole world is changing. I wanted school to be his constant - he's little world that isn't effected by the birth of his sibling. So maybe making the change now is good - doesn't mean I'm not gonna worry that we are doing the right thing.

No comments: