Monday, November 24, 2008

Pregnancy Brain?

As Mikey naps today and I scamble to somewhat organize my disheveled house, I wonder - Do I have Pregnancy Brain? Is that why I feel like nothing gets accomplished these days and that things are always in disarray? Is that why I seem to forget that I put things in the washer hours ago and have never put them in the dryer? Is it why I straighten clothes fresh from the dryer and carry them in the bedroom only to forget they are there until it's time to crawl in bed? Or is it that I have always been this way and am just now realizing it?

I admit that I have always, always, always been a procrastinator. I've always dreamt of being like my friend Stephany, who is neat, organized, prompt and always put together - but somehow that role doesn't fit on me. It try, really I do - I long for organization, and believe me, I try my hardest to get things organized - it's just that they don't stay that way for long. It seems like I always get these GREAT ideas and start to put them into action only to get sidetracked or to have another GREAT idea pop in my head which pulls me away from what I'm doing. For example, as I sit here typing I can look to my left and see a huge pile of magazines that need to either be read or recycled, yet I haven't done it yet - WHY? Because it's not at top priority of mine.

Ahhhhh - if only there were a way that I could reprogram myself - or get rid of the pregnancy brain - cause as of today, that's what i'm blaiming the messy house on! :)

No comments: