Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Torn

We moved mikey into his "big boy" room this past weekend - which he loves. It's a bigger room with a half finished mural on the wall - Mommy's still working on it buddy! We moved his crib in there to make the transition easier but because his "big boy" bed is in there too he's having a rough time. He cries now when you put him in his crib and points to the other bed. Last night he woke up at 2am screaming - so i went up to check on him and he had all his teddy bears in his arms and his nuks and was pointing to the "big boy" bed. I picked him up and laid down on the twin bed with him and he went right back to sleep. Do you think that's him telling me he's ready for the big bed??
I'm so torn. I don't want to move him if he's not ready. And I don't know if I'm ready for the added stress of not knowing if he's in bed or not. Or if he's unplugged a nightlight and zapped himself. Or if he's doing something he's not supposed to. Why oh why are these decisions, that seemed so simple before I had kids, so difficult to make now that I am a parent?

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

I say do it. My advice would be to pick everything up that would hurt him and if you find him on the floor one day, then you find him on the floor. He'll get used to it. I was lucky and to this day Tay doesn't get out of bed. I caught her a couple of times the first couple of days but after I went to her room and put her in bed she never got out. I have a friend who's little boy would play for a little while but would climb right back to bed.

Good luck! I say if he's asking for it then that's your chance to have a smooth transition. Some kids resist.