Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mikey Likes It!!!!

OK, OK, I swore I would never use that line when I named my child Mikey for fear of scarring him for life BUT he likes it, he really likes it!! School that is! The 1st 3 weeks were rough - he'd cling to my leg and cry when I'd bring him to his classroom and it would break my heart EVERY time - but this week it clicked for him. :)

Tuesday he walked in like a pro - went straight to the teacher and started his little jargon conversation. And today as soon as he was dressed he stood by the garage door doing a little jig like he couldn't wait to get out of the door and to school. I am so happy for my boy -- he has a place to call his own, with his own friends and his own little world. He will definitely need that once baby #2 arrives.

And although it stings to not experience this new part of his life with him, I am happy he is developing a little independence. Mommy is so proud of you Mikey - I love you!

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

That is so awesome! I know it must make your time off alot better now too b/c you won't have to worry about it. Yeah Mikey!!!