Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Technology - Not So Great!



Technology is not all it's cracked up to be, my friends! See this washer above - I absolutely loved it when we purchased it in January '06 - lots of cycles, all computerized, high efficiency and the biggest capacity I had ever experienced. Little did I know it was to become the biggest thorn in my side!!

Sure it worked great at first -- then, right when I needed it most -- after Mikey was born, it crapped out on me. 3 service calls later it was back up and running, only because the computer panel was replaced - thank God we were under warrenty.

Now, a year after having that damn computer panel replaced, it craps out on me again. 2 service calls later and the verdict is in -- you need to replace the computer panel and it's gonna cost $400. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Shouldn't a washer last more than a year??

Michael & I decided to hell with our big bad washer with all the technology you could want -- we took that $400 and instead of fixing the machine from hell, we replaced it. Yep, that's right, I went back to an old school washer, old faithful as I like to think of it. No computer panel, no fancy buttons, no special detergent needed, just turn the knob and you're in business.

Lesson learned -- next time I get swept away buy some new appliance I will wait until reviews come out before I purchase it.

No comments: