Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good-Bye to Today

Thank God today is over with - well almost over with. It has just been on of those days and a very long one at that. It always seems to be like this on days that Michael is out of town. It's almost as if Mikey wakes up knowing he will not see his daddy at all that day.

Our morning started off with pouring rain which put me in a grumpy mood because I knew I would have to deal with the beast and the boy. (the beast being our 137 pound mastiff). Mikey also woke up grumpy cause he is cutting his 2 year molars. Not a good combo. The day seemed to drag on with each of us getting grumpier and grumpier. It didn't help that we both took naps either.

Finally at around 6pm when I couldn't take anymore and was ready to put him to bed early, the rain stopped. AMEN. I immediately asked him if he wanted to go for a walk - of course he did, he loves walks. So into the stroller he went and outside we headed. It was nice and breezie, so we went for a walk around the block and enjoyed the fresh air. We saw some of our neighbor friends and stayed outside chatting. By the time we came in it was really bathtime - he put up no fuss, went straight up the stairs to his bedroom and then followed me into the bathroom. He was an angel during bath and walked right to his rocker in his room after bath for me to rock him.

Obviously the fresh air did us both good. I rocked my little angel to sleep and am enjoying the silence. Good night my baby boy, mommy loves you and I hope we have a better day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

Welcome to my world honey!!!! It's not rain here but HEAT. Can you imagine yourself right now in 100+ weather??? My butt stays in!