Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Little Bit of Pee - Lots of YIPEE!

By no means do I think my child is ready for the adventure we moms call potty training, however I did think that he was ready to be introduced to that thing we call the potty. So 3 nights ago I dug the potty chair out of the closet, had Michael put it together and sat it in the bathroom. When Mikey came in for bathtime we introduced the new toy and let him sit on it for a few minutes. We did not put the batteries in it, so for now it is a silent toy. :)

I decided this would be a new routine that we introduced before bathtime - a few minutes on the potty, with mommy & daddy saying "this is where we make our pee-pee & poo-poo." And Mikey just laughing and getting up to lift and lower & lift and lower & lift and lower the lid. But tonight something different occured - he came in, had me take off his diaper, sat on the potty, played with the flusher while he sat there a few minutes and then decided it was time to get up. Low and behold what did we see in the potty - PEE PEE! He got cheers and hugs and high fives.

I know he doesn't comprehend what he did - but he was sure excited about whatever it was that made mommy & daddy so happy. He got in the tub and clapped for himself over and over.

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

That's awesome!

Jaimie said...

And you say I wasn't blogging enough.......